Your social media marketing efforts start with you. In order to successfully market your small business through social media you need to do two things:
- Grow and nurture your online networks
- Create and share great content
If you haven’t put the time into social media management or building and nurturing your networks, then your social media efforts will likely be an uphill battle. It’s a commitment very much like going to networking events, trade shows and business expos with all of the necessary follow up.
It’s a daily commitment, which means commenting, posting, tweeting, sharing, retweeting, liking, plussing, friending, following, connecting, etc. If you want people to spread word-of-mouth, you must also CREATE and share great content.You may also be interested in Why Isn’t Social Media Making Me Money?
Whether you are sharing great industry related articles, writing killer blog posts, or designing infographics and visuals, you need to be creating and sharing something that your followers will find valuable enough to share with theirs.
This is what makes social media work. If you want to market your small business successfully through social media, you need to keep your ground game strong. Keep building new relationships, making more contacts and satisfying customers. Use these relationships as the foundation to grow and nurture your online networks.
4 Social Media Management Tips
- Be consistent – Ensure you answer inquiries and comments in an acceptable time frame. Try to post regularly. You don’t need to be online constantly, however when you are, make sure you’re dynamic, engaging and participating.
- Offer valuable information: provide readers with awesome content.
- Get Visual: articles and posts are good, however make sure to incorporate pictures on your online networking. Videos, pictures and infographics have a higher engagement rate than plain content posts.
- Have an identity: social networking lets you to demonstrate your clients what your business is about. Use social networking to show your customers your business’ qualities and what you are all about.
When it comes to marketing your small business it is important to come up with social media marketing strategies that work for you! Always keep in mind your target customer and understand that social media marketingi