A business grant normally starts with an Executive Summary, which should be concise and interesting. People usually expect to see sections covering the Company, the Market, the Product, the Management Team, Strategy, Implementation, and Financial Analysis.
- Executive Summary: It’s just a page or two of highlights.
- Company Description: Legal establishment, history, start-up plans, etc.
- Product or Service: Describe what you’re selling. Focus on customer benefits.
- Market Analysis: You need to know your market, customer needs, where they are, how to reach them, etc.
- Management Team: Describe the organization and the key management team members.
- Financial Analysis: Make sure to include at the very least your projected Profit and Loss and Cash Flow tables.
Expanded Plan Outline
1. Executive Summary
- 1.1 Objectives
- 1.2 Mission
- 1.3 Keys to Success
2. Company Summary
3. Products and Services
4. Market Analysis Summary
- 4.1 Industry Analysis