The most important component for a small business in today’s world of internet marketing is to have a properly developed website and connected social media network. Beyond these components, each facet of that social media network must be properly setup and maintained. You must also have a building targeted email list with a regularly distributed email campaign connected to your website and social media network.
Though internet marketing in any form is the hot marketing topic in many circles today, we must not forget traditional methods. Traditional marketing is at the heart of all internet marketing. To successfully spread a consistent story and image out on your company, you must first have a professional logo, a color scheme, and a plan to integrate this logo and color design into your entire marketing plan.
We cannot over look print ads, direct mail, and flyers, which are still an integral part when you market a small business. Also, do not discount yourself and your professional employees, grass roots marketing, networking and chamber of commerce meetings and events. All of these components still figure prominently into any complete marketing strategy.
Let us look at the top eight marketing ideas that can boost your business now:
1) A properly designed website, branded correctly, and with an active blog is the center of any well run campaign. Prominently display your logo on every page, make sure to have a great landing page, clearly list services, and have a contact us page.
2) Have a more information now/newsletter sign-up link clearly visible to all website visitors. Put social media sign us buttons on all pages. Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are the four most common social media outlets.
3) Have an active blog on your website. Make sure it is updated 2-4 times a month with information that stays in step with your product or service. A blog discusses topics of interest to those who visit your specific site.
4) Build your email mailing list through customers and prospects, website visitors, and networking events. Use this “opt in” email mailing list to send a well-produced and targeted email newsletter.
5) Set up a superior social media network, including Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Brand them all with your logo and colors to match your website. Fans and potential connections know they are within your sphere of influence.
6) Actively work your social media with interconnecting messages and encourage a steadily growing fan base on all your social media network nodes. Be active on Pinterest, making sure everything in your network is linked to your website and blog. (Click here to read 9 Hidden Social Media Marketing Secrets of Lead Generation)
7) Send out a well-written and targeted press release. Make sure it is targeted to your core customer and linked to your website and social media network.
8) Develop great collateral material for promotion and networking. Design and print cards, tri-folds, and flyers, all with your logo and color scheme. A well produced and professional appearance is the key. Make sure the look and feel is related to your developing brand.
If this sounds like a lot to do on your own, we can help. BizCentral USA is a one-stop resource for all your back office needs. We have solutions for each item listed and a plan that does it all over time, completely handling your marketing oversight from web development to consulting and internet marketing services.